Everyone needs waterproof floors no matter where they live because we all have plenty of ways of creating moisture in our own homes, whether it's a steamy shower, an appliance flood, a pet accident, or just by dragging in wet towels from the pool. Lucky for us, the flooring industry is constantly expanding to give us more and more stylish and watertight options.
What does waterproof mean?
It can be hard to decipher all of the "marketing speak," and we want you to know what you're getting. When something is waterproof, it's entirely impenetrable for liquid. Constructed of waterproof materials, the capability is inherent with no special coatings to help protect the product. Water-resistant means a product repels liquid for a short time, but unless it's wiped quickly, it will eventually break through and soak the core.
Waterproof flooring options
1. Tile is the most time-honored solution, making its debut in American homes in the mid-1800s. It comes in an almost unlimited number of colors, shapes, sizes, and designs that are durable, easy to care for, and can last up to 50 years.
2. Luxury vinyl has a high-end style with images of wood, stone, and tile taken digitally, with micro beveling and embossing add depth, dimension, and textured looks. It can be cut into planks to mimic hardwood or groutable squares to echo stone and tile.
3. Stone Core LVP, a hardwood mimic, is engineered luxury vinyl plank (LVP), thicker, more durable, and constructed with the tough, technologically advanced SPC (stone plastic composite) core that also makes it rigid. Sometimes referred to as an SPC Floor, it offers the highest level of waterproof protection, never peeling or rippling.
4. Waterproof vinyl flooring. This is an amped-up version of luxury vinyl; this is even thicker, more durable, and uses the WPC (wood plastic composite) or SPC (stone plastic composite) cores that won't peel or ripple matter how much water there is or for how long.
5. Waterproof laminate flooring. A unique non-wood construction makes the spillproof, eliminating concerns about soaking, staining, and peeling.
Highest quality at the lowest prices is our motto at Carpets of America. To learn more about waterproof flooring or our other products, come into our showroom in North Logan, UT, convenient to Logan, Cache County, Box Elder County, Box Elder County, Rich County, and Franklin County.